|(6) All Saints Church
The original spire was destroyed in a storm in 1894.
Once standing amongst open fields the current church is now completely surrounded by shops and houses and busy traffic on Church Road.
Church Road (formerly Church Lane) also features the Church Inn, Vicarage, Parish rooms, All Saints Church Hall, Cheadle Hulme School and a number of good old fashioned shops including suppliers of newspapers, alcohol, sandwiches, and housewares. The latter (Snapes) still competes well with the major hardware megastores.
All Saints Church in the late 1800s. (W^). Hill Top Avenue does not yet exist. Also see below, a view from Church Lane about 1905 showing the National School left of centre. (NW^)
Watercolour by Ann Roylance, 1999.